As of May 1, 2022
Number of Veterans' Names on the Memorial
As of May 1, 2022
Listed by Era *
Civil and Indian Wars 177
Spanish American 3
World War I 183
World War 2 333
1976 – 1989 Lebanon, Grenada, Panama 14
Persian Gulf and Global War on Terror 43
* Includes Gold Star Veterans
Next Opportunity to Add Names is the Winter of 2023
Deadline for Submitting New Names is February 1, 2023
Send In Your Application or Nomination Now to be Included in 2023
The Board has established a policy regarding adding names. We won’t deny any otherwise qualified veteran the honor of having his or her name on the memorial for lack of a donation. No otherwise qualified veteran will be denied having his or her name placed on the memorial for lack of funds.
1. Please Check the Criteria for Inclusion
2. Some Living Veterans May Not Want Their Name Listed on the Memorial While They Are Still Alive. We Will Honor Their Wishes. Therefore We Are Requiring Living Veterans or their Family Members to Provide Written Permission to Include the Veteran’s Name on the Memorial by Completing the Living Veteran Request Form.
3. Please check the Current Lists of Names and the Gold Star List to Determine if the Veteran is Already on the List. Note: Names already listed on the WW I Monument are not repeated on the new monument stones.
4. If the Veteran's Name is NOT on the List, Please Click the Green Box Below to Download the Nomination Form.
5. Print and Complete the Form.
6. Include the DD 214 or Other Similar Documentation as Proof of Service. Don't Send Original Documents. Black Out Social Security Numbers. Current Legion Post 249 Do Not Need to Submit the DD214.
7. Need a replacement DD214 or Discharge Papers.? You or next of kin can get a replacement DD214 from the National Archives. Click the button below.
8. Mail the Form to:
Spring Grove Area Veterans Memorial Group, LLC.
P.O. Box 7
Spring Grove MN 55974.
9. Or Scan and Email the Form to: email@example.com. Don't Forget To Attach the Completed Form and DD214 to the Email.
To Nominate Names